Thursday, July 17, 2008

Revolution from My Bed(room)

I went over to Bert's last night for the formal launch of his new business. My friend the Medical Technologist is now in the construction industry. He put up a small construction company with an engineer friend of his and I must say they look pretty solid this early. As I was chatting up their in-house designer our talk naturally went to design ideas and concepts and I asked him for some advice regarding bedroom furniture.

My daughter still sleeps in our room so you can imagine it's a bit of challenge arranging our stuff with function, form, and a 3-year old in mind. The designer suggested that I look at some modern bedroom furniture or possibly some contemporary bedroom furniture because these had a good mix of aesthetics and form, plus a tendency not to eat up too much space.

I guess he's right. Most of the furniture in our room are hand-me-downs from our parents; this of course means we live somewhere between 1977 and 1989. Time for an upgrade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home