Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Billy the Bee

My daughter is learning how to read and to help her, I thought I'd make her specific letter-themed bedtime stories. We are on week "B" .

Once upon a time, in a bright and sunny clearing deep in the woods, there lived a little boy bee named Billy. Billy had two favorite things in the whole, wide world-- bread and bananas. One day, Billy came home from school really hungry. He went to his Mama.

"Excuse me, Mama. I'm very hungry; may I please have some money to buy some bananas and bread?"

"Why, of course, darling. But we have some bananas here, so all you need to buy is some bread. Here's some money... oops, that may not be enough. Better go to your Papa and ask for some more money, dear."

"Ok, Mama. Thank you."

So Billy went to his Papa. Papa Bee was in the living room reading a newspaper.

"Excuse me, Papa. May I have some money to buy some bread, please? Mama gave me some but she said to go to you for some more."

"Sure son, here you go. Oh and while you're at the baker's, can you get us some butter and biscuits, also?"

"Thanks, Papa. I'll make a list and then be on my way. See you later!"

"Take care, Billy."

Billy grabbed his blue bonnet and was soon out the door. On his way to the baker's, he ran into one of his friends, Barry.

"Hiya, Barry. What are you up to?"

"Hey, Billy. I'm actually on my way to town. My Mama sent me to the butcher's to get some bacon. My Mama loves to eat bacon for breakfast. How about you?"

"I'm on my way to town, as well; I need to go to the bakery to buy some bread, biscuits, and butter. Hey, why don't we go together?"

"Great idea, Billy! Let's go!"

The two went on their way. On the road to town, as they came to the bend before the big banyan tree, someone suddenly jumped in front of them.

"BULAGA!"

"Anubayun!", shouted Billy.

It was their pal, Barry. They were soon all laughing.

"Hahahaha! Good one, Barry. You got us good!"

"Haha! Yeah I sure did, didn't I? By the way, where are you two off to?"

"To town on some errands. You?"

"Hey I'm on my way there too. Gotta get some blueberries for my Mama.
I also need to get a couple of balloons for my baby brother, Bobo."

"Fantastic! Let's all go together, then!"

After some time, the three of them reached town. They went to the baker's first. Billy went in and asked Bert the Baker for some bread, biscuits, and butter. They then went to the butcher's. Benny went in and asked Bob the Butcher for a pound of bacon.

"How about some beef, Benny?", Bob asked.

"No, thank you, sir. All I need is some bacon."

When they were done at the butcher's, they headed over to the town market. There, Barry got some blueberries and two balloons for his brother: he bought one blue balloon, and one brown balloon.

With their errands done, the three bees started on their way back to their homes. They soon saw another good friend of theirs-- it was Bart, the bird.

"Heeeeeeyaaaa fellas! Where are you going?"

"Hey, Bart! We just came from town and are on our way back to the village", the three replied.

"Let me give you all a lift, then. You three hop on may back and I'll have you home in no time."

"Wuhoo! Thanks, Bart!", said Billy.

Billy, Benny, and Bart got on Bart's back. Bart spread his wings and with a few flaps, they were in the air, flying at great speed. The boys felt the wind on their faces. They were having a lot of fun. They soon reached their village, bid Bart goodbye and headed to their homes.

Barry got home and gave the blueberries to his Mama (she was making blueberry cheesecake) and the balloons to Bobo. Bobo was very happy.

Benny got home and handed the bacon to his Mama. She told him they were going to have bacon and eggs for breakfast the next morning.

Billy got home and gave his Mama the bread, biscuits, and butter. She sliced the bread and put out out the bananas. Billy then called his Papa and then they all ate their afternoon snack.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home