Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fat Again

5 feet, 10 inches. 190 pounds. Mostly fat. Not too happy about this.

Almost a year ago today, I embarked on what was to be another soon-to-fail attempt at getting back in shape. I started at 188 pounds; hit the treadmill religiously and watched what I ate like I hawk. 3 months into this regime and I was at 172—the daily run was an addiction and all forms of food started to look like they had calorie labels on them. I was obsessed with the time and distance I ran, the amount of
calories burned, and more so the calories every morsel of food gave up. Come to think of it, I was like a walking, talking calorie counter.

But alas, the flesh is weak. Ran into a lot of stress by the end of the year, and started to “reward” myself with the odd donut, the occasional slice of cake, etc. Well, the stress never went away but the pounds came back. I need to get back in shape again.

By the way, I found a fitness-oriented website while I was doing some research yesterday. They’ve got some pretty neat stuff going on in there: a free calorie counter, a food calorie list (essentially a Nutrition Facts label for all types of food), and a list of common exercises and how much calories they burn. Looks like a lot of help. [Deity here] knows I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home