Thursday, August 07, 2008

Donald Dog

We lost Donald in the last few days of 2007. I can’t say that his passing was not a relief to us all, but only because he was finally afforded some rest. I’ve always maintained that getting a dog for my brother was a mistake because it was painfully obvious that our youngest sibling lacked the ability to take care of himself--much less another. Still, we took Donald, or Ernest, as the pet store crew called him, in. I tried to help take care of him as much as I could; getting him groomed, buying dog food and other pet supplements, training, etc. till it was time for me to move out. Things went downhill for the Naldo then. He was always sick and his owner got into the habit of forgetting he existed. It was simply too late to do anything for him. Still, it was good he went, if only due to the fact that his passing meant an end to his hardship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home