Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Absolutely Spent

I think my daughter Sandy is shifting sleeping schedules. One more sleepless night for me and my wife and I'll call it official; she'll be on the night shift. She's been gradually moving her bedtime up by roughly half an hour a night since Saturday. We hit the sack at a quarter to twelve last night.

That really isn't TOO late, but consider two things: she intermittently wakes up to feed, and we co-sleep.

Co-sleeping simply means constantly being wary of crushing an infant to death.
Hence, it really compromises the quality of one's sleep. It's a good set up, though. Baby has immediate access to mommy and my wife and I can get to her real quick in case she needs help with anything. Plus, nothing beats waking up next to a smiling child.

Back to my point. I am drained. But I can't complain too much. I have it good compared to my wife who has to wake up for the aforementioned mid-night feedings (Sandy drinks only mama's milk) and take care of the baby all day while designing websites. What bowls me over is how she has only a smile to offer Sandy when the little one wakes her up in the middle night to ask for milk. I'm a lucky man and I love my girls.

2 Comments:

Blogger knottydon said...

one thing i like about reading your entries is that i'm learning too. you give us glimpses of the family life. this is a good prep stuff, man. wicked!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Olive Joy said...

i don't think there's anything better than waking up next to a smiling child. i remember how my brother would nudge me awake when it's time to watch saturday morning cartoons. even when i was way too old for it already, i'd let him drag me away from bed. anything for that toothless grin.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home