Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Management Management

So that’s what it is: Corporate Performance Management. They’ve got us reading up on performance and process improvement methods over here where I work so I ran into something called “cpm”. Funny this is there were probably a dozen or more non-business related definitions so I spent a fair amount of time digging it up. When I did find what it meant, I did some further researching (read: Wikipedia) and dug up this gem: “A process that helps organizations optimize their business performance. It is a framework for organizing, automating and analyzing business methodologies, metrics, processes and systems that drive business performance.1” It’s a process for analyzing other processes.

I should have become a painter.


1] http://www.bpmmag.net/magazine/article.html?articleID=13966

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home