Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Game On

I got a Playstation 2 six years after the product was released. It was that expensive locally; and, well yes, when it became available here, I did not have that kind of money just lying about. So there, more than half a decade after the product was released, I bought a PS2... second hand.

Being late and all presented its difficulties. It's a bit challenging finding good PS2 games nowadays. Most of what I see when I go game hunting is either a renamed copy of an exact same game, or some game based on a movie. Finding driving/driving simulation type games is particularly tricky. I once went through five shops without finding one.

My guess is people tend to pay more attention to what's current and forget, for lack of a better term, the "retro" market. Stores are now packed with PS3 games and XBox games and Wii games and what not, with only a minute percentage of games for consoles from years past. Any chance anyone know of something like this here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home