Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sugar Rush

My brother came knocking at my door last night, asking if he could use my internet connection. “What happened to yours?” I asked. “Well…” I knew what that meant. That meant the connection “just died for no apparent reason.” Not satisfied, I dragged him over to his workstation to have a look. Sure enough, the problem was rather obvious (not to anyone who refuses to look, of course). A Linksys router is pretty tough, but it will show weakness when doused with cold soda. How’d I find that out? My brother is addicted to soda, he always leaves a glass/can/bottle of it everywhere he goes. It’s like a scent trail: follow the soda, you’ll find my brother. So, him downing a coke while working on his computer is not at all impossible. Back at the workstation: the ants that covered the router were still lapping up every last drop when we got there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home